Breast Of Chicken Scala
|Whole chicken breasts||2 1⁄4 Pound, boned, halved and skin removed (3 Breasts)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Condensed beef consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash and wipe the chicken with damp paper towels.
2) Spread the flour on a flat plate and roll the chicken to coat evenly with flour.
3) In a pan or Dutch oven, melt butter and saute chicken until evenly golden-brown on each side for about 15 minutes in all.
4) Stream in consomme and cook over low heat, with the lid on for 45 minutes.
5) Mix in the sour cream, salt and pepper and allow to cook for 10 minutes longer.
6) Using a perforated ladle take out the chicken and place on heatproof serving dish.
7) Mix the sauce in the pan well to combine, strain over chicken.
8) Dredge with cheese over top.
9) Place the plate under broiler for a few minutes, until golden-brown.
10) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.