2. Keep the chicken on a bar pan, and blot chicken dry with a paper towel. Blotting the chicken dry will help make the skin very crisp.
3. Sprinkle oil onto chicken and season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Spread softened butter on chicken spreading as evenly as you can.
5. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
6. As the chicken cooks, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, mix maple syrup and rum and whisk together. Season the maple syrup with additional salt and pepper.
7. Remove chicken from oven, spoon the glaze over the chicken, and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done. The chicken is done when the thighs can be pierced with a sharp knife, and the juices come out clear.
Maple glazed chicken is a wonderful way to flavor chicken. You can use any cut of chicken you like, and halfway through cooking, you can maple and rum infused glazed that will finish baking into the chicken, making your chicken moist, sweet, and tangy. Watch and learn how to make it from Stephanie in this video. Bon Appétit!