3 Delicious Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken
|Frozen puff pastry||17 1⁄3 Ounce, thawed|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), diced (Rotisserie Chicken)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Pimento||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 440 F.
2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients together, except pastry, egg and water and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water, set aside.
4. On a lightly floured surface, spread open thawed pastry.
5. Roll each sheet into a 12”x12” square and cut six, 6”x6” squares, reserving remaining pastry for another use.
6. Place up to 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto center of each square.
7. Lift and bring 4 corners of pastry to the centre and twist slightly and press edges to seal, to make a bundle shape.
8. In an ungreased baking sheet, arrange the prepared bundles.
9. Brush egg wash over bundles and bake in oven for 15 to 25 minutes, until golden.
10. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minures.
11. Serve hot Chicken & Cheddar Purses as desired.
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.2 mg31.7%
Sodium 569.9 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet