Chicken or Turkey Strata
|Whole wheat bread slice||8 , cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Cubed cooked turkey/Cubed cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), skinned|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Reduced-fat mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Light 'N Lively)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|2% low fat milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Take a 12-by- 18-inch non-stick pan and place bread cubes at the bottom.
2) Take a medium size bowl and mix together onion, chicken, chilies, celery, salt, mayonnaise and pepper in it.
3) Spoon mixture over bread cubes.
4) Tear the tortillas in bite-size pieces and place on top of the chicken mixture.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together milk, eggs, soup and cottage cheese in it. Pour mixture over the tortillas.
6) Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
7) Preheat oven to 325° F and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until dish is firm and set.
8) Remove from oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
9) Spoon out the strata and serve in individual plates.
Calories 596 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.8 mg75.9%
Sodium 1412.2 mg58.8%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 39 g78.4%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 26.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet