Chicken In A Blanket
|Boiling fowl/Boiling chicken joints - 4 to 6 nos||1|
|Carrots||2 Large, sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Celery sticks||2 , sliced|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Button mushroom||4 Ounce|
|Fried bread||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
1) Into a large cooking pot, add in the fowl, carrots, onion and celery along with the butter, bay leaf, mace, salt, pepper and mustard.
2) Let the mixture cook on simmer for about 2 hours or till the fowl becomes tender.
3) To prepare the sauce, in a saucepan, mix together 2 ounce butter, 2 ounce flour and 3/4 pint of chicken stock.
4) Add in 4 ounces of the mushroom into the saucepan. Cook on simmer for a few minutes. Add in 1/4 pint of cream. Season the mixture and stir once. Do not let the mixture boil.
5) Pour the mushroom sauce over the fowl and vegetable mixture.
6) Serve Chicken in a Blanket garnished with bread traingles that have been fired in butter.