Galantine Of Chicken
|Pork sausage meat||350 Gram|
|Fresh parsley||15 Milliliter, chopped|
|Fresh thyme||15 Milliliter, chopped|
|Fresh tarragon||15 Milliliter, chopped|
|Lemon rind||15 Milliliter, finely grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Button mushrooms||100 Gram, washed and sliced|
|Poultry stock/Water and 1 chicken stock cube||900 Milliliter|
1) Either bone the chicken on your own or ask your butcher to do this for you.
2) On a board, lay the chicken , skin side down and level the flesh as much as possible.
3) Mix the sausagemeat with the herbs, lemon rind, salt and pepper.
4) Spread half the sausagemeat mixture down the centre of the chicken and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
5) Add a layer of the mushrooms and spread the remaining sausagemeat over the mushrooms, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
6) Fold in the ends of the chicken first then fold over the longer edges so that the stuffing is well enclosed.
7) Sew up with strong thread and weigh the chicken to calculate the cooking time.
8) Wrap and tie securely into a pudding cloth or several thicknesses of muslin.
9) Put the stock into the cooker with the chicken.
10) Close the cooker, bring to H pressure and cook for the calculated time.
11) Reduce the pressure slowly.
12) Lift out the chicken and reserve 300 ml/1/2 pint of the stock.
13) Cool the chicken quickly and thoroughly.
14) When quite cold, remove the cloth and thread carefully.
15) Boil the reserved stock in a saucepan until well reduced and syrupy then cool.
16) Brush the stock over the chicken.
17) In a serving dish, place the chicken and decorate the galantine with salad ingredients.