Chicken Livers in Wine
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound, cut into halves|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a skillet and saute onion in water until soft.
2) Add the mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes.
3) Take another pan and dust the livers with flour and saute in butter until they lose their pink color.
4) Add mushrooms and pour sauce over the mixture.
5) Season with pepper and cook the mixture over low heat until livers are thoroughly done.
6) Transfer to a palette and serve immediately.
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.1 mg69%
Sodium 158.9 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 16 g31.4%
Vitamin A 128.1% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet