Chicken, Bean, and Rice Casserole
|Cooked brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), skinned and cubed|
|Green beans||1 Pound, cooked with 1 tablespoon onion flakes (Fresh or canned)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take an 8-by-12-inch non-stick pan and combine parsley and rice in it.
3) Take a saucepan and mix broth, flour, salt, milk and pepper in it. Cook to form white sauce.
4) Add beans, chicken and mushrooms to the sauce and place mixture over rice.
5) Cover and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
6) You can sprinkle fresh chopped onion and bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes, if desired.
7) Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg9.3%
Sodium 305.2 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet