Chicken and Fresh Vegetables Provencale
|Cauliflower head||1 Small, broken into small florets|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, sliced|
|Carrots||2 Medium, pared & thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped & divided|
|Basil leaf||1 Tablespoon, diced & divided|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , skinned & split|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a 3 quart baking dish and combine all vegetables in it.
3) Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons basil, 1 tablespoon parsley and pepper.
4) Take a bowl and combine water and bouillon cube.
5) Pour mixture over vegetables.
6) Take a bowl and combine 1 tablespoon parsley, garlic powder, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon basil in it. Mix together to a paste-like consistency.
7) Spread the paste over chicken.
8) Cover and bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until vegetables and chicken turn tender. Keep basting repeatedly with the mixture.
9) Transfer to a platter decorate with thyme and serve immediately.