Chicken A L'Orange
|Chicken breast halves||3 Pound, skinned & boned (6 halves)|
|Reduced calorie margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
1) Peel the oranges and cut the rind into thin strips. Set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with paprika and saute in margarine for about 4 minutes on both sides or until light brown in color.
4) Take a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish and place the chicken in it.
5) Add tarragon, orange juice and orange rind strips.
6) Cover and bake for about 25 minutes or until nicely done.
7) Remove chicken and set aside. Keep warm.
8) Take a small saucepan and pour the orange juice mixture in it.
9) Take a small bowl and combine water with cornstarch in it. Stir until nicely blended. Add to the orange mixture.
10) Cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
11) Cook for another 1 minute, stirring constantly.
12) Sprinkle the chicken with almonds and serve with sauce.