Chicken Mushroom and Pepper Pie
|Poultry stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||300 Milliliter|
|Skinned chicken portions||3|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded and sliced|
|Small button mushrooms||100 Gram, cleaned|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||5 (Use A Few)|
|Dried thyme/Fresh thyme- few sprigs||1 1⁄2 Pinch (1 Large Pinch)|
|Milk||150 Milliliter (Approximately)|
|Frozen puff pastry||212 Gram, thawed|
|Egg||1 , beaten (To Glaze)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Put the stock or water and stock cube, chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, salt and pepper and the herbs into the cooker.
3) Close the cooker, bring to H pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Reduce the pressure quickly.
5) Lift out the chicken and vegetables.
6) Strain the cooking liquid into a measuring jug and make up to 450 ml/3/4 pint with the milk for the sauce.
7) Discard the bay leaf and herbs.
8) Remove the chicken flesh from the bones and cut into 2.5 cm/1 inch pieces.
9) Melt the butter or margarine in the rinsed and dried cooker.
10) Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
11) Remove the cooker from the heat and gradually add the cooking liquid and milk.
12) Return the cooker to the heat and bring to the boil.
13) Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
14) Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
15) Put the chicken and vegetables into a 900 ml/1 1/2 pint pie dish and add the sauce.
16) Roll out the pastry to fit the top of the pie dish, cutting a strip to go around the lip of the dish.
17) Wet the lip and press the strip of pastry on.
18) Wet the strip and cover with the pastry lid, trim if necessary and seal well.
19) Make a steam hole in the centre of the pie.
20) Decorate the top with leaves made from pastry trimmings and brush with beaten egg.
21) Bake in a hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
22) Cut the pie into slices and serve warm.