How to Make Oven Fried Chicken with Loaded Mashed Potatoes
|For boiling potatoes and cauliflower|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|For mashed potatoes|
|Potato||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Cauliflower||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut to a similar size as the potatoes|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), halved|
|Milk/Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||2|
|Gluten free bisquick||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste, divided|
|Paprika||To Taste, divided|
|Old bay seasoning||To Taste, divided|
|Salt||To Taste, divided|
|Pepper||To Taste, divided|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
For Mashed Potatoes
1. In a large pot, pour in the water; add in the potatoes, cauliflower, garlic and salt.
2. Set the pot on the stove to boil. Once it reaches a boil reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until everything is fork tender.
3. Drain the veggies. Add in the milk, butter and salt and pepper to taste. Mash everything to the desired consistency.
4. Recipe follows.
For Oven Baked Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg with the milk and sprinkle of garlic powder, paprika, old bay, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, add in bisquick and sprinkle of garlic powder, paprika, old bay, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
4. Pat the chicken dry, dips it into the egg mixture before dredging it in the seasoned dry mixture. If you’d like a thicker coating repeat the process by dipping it into the egg and then bisquick mixture again.
5. Place the chicken onto prepared baking sheet, drizzle olive oil.
6. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Turn during the baking process at the 10 minute mark.
7. Plate the chicken with mashed potatoes and garnish with scallion. Serve and enjoy!