Chicken With Fresh Tomatoes And Dill
|For seasoning chicken|
|Boneless chicken breast||5|
|Shallot||1 , finely minced|
|Dill leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|For seasoning cherry tomatoes|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, quartered|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (for the pan)|
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half, wrap with plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin about ½ inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters and place them in a colander or strainer. Sprinkle kosher salt over them. Give them a slight toss and let them drain of their excess moisture. Once nicely drained, toss the tomatoes with the reserved dill mixture and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add shallot, olive oil, dill, Dijon mustard, and balsamic vinegar and whisk together. Scoop out a ¼ cup of the dressing, and set aside.
3. To another large mixing bowl add seasoned chicken and turn to coat with marinade and keep for 5 minutes.
4. Place a large skillet over medium heat and then drizzle with olive oil. Add chicken, cover with a lid and cook until browned. Flip, and continue to cook until the other side is browned. Remove from the pan and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice the chicken breasts, top with the cherry tomatoes and serve with broccoli and rice.