Baked Chicken with Wine Soaked Vegetables
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced yellow squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|English peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chablis/Other dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
|Unsalted margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Remove neck and giblets from chicken. Reserve for other uses.
2) Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
3) Preheat oven to 375° F.
4) Take a small bowl and combine together the first 7 ingredients in it.
5) Pour wine over the vegetables and toss lightly. Set aside.
6) Stuff the prepared vegetable mixture inside the cavity of chicken and close the cavity with skewers.
7) Tie the legs together using a cord or string. Tuck the tips of wings under the bird.
8) Take a bowl and combine lemon juice, margarine and paprika in it.
9) Brush the bird with prepared mixture and place the bird, with breast side up, on a rack in the roasting pan.
10) Bake for about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until drumsticks can be moved up and down easily. Keep basting repeatedly with the remaining margarine mixture.
11) Transfer Baked Chicken With Wine Soaked Vegetables on a platter and serve immediately.