This easy roasted chicken and vegetables recipe is a true classic. I just love the simplicity of the ingredients and for some reason when I place this rustic beauty on the table garnished with fresh herbs I feel so accomplished.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, put all the chopped vegetables. Pour olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Using clean hands, toss the vegetables well to coat them with the oil.
4. In a casserole dish, put the vegetables and spread evenly in to a layer.
5. Take the chicken and rub the cavity with salt and pepper generously.
6. Brush the outer skin generously with melted butter all over and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
7. Fill the cavity with orange, apple and garlic clove.
8. Tie the legs with a kitchen twine or seal the cavity with a toothpick and place the chicken with the vegetables into the casserole dish.
9. Bake for around 2 hours or till the chicken is golden brown and vegetables are tender and cooked.
10. Remove from oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
11. In a serving plate, carve and serve the chicken with the vegetable and a side dish of your choice.
I just love rustic recipes, especially this one here. What I love about this dish is that it is filled with a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, and it is a complete dish. You can even make this as your main meal for Thanksgiving instead of the turkey. Have fun making it! PS. The Diva is very pretty.