Sweet and Sour Chicken Bake
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||6|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Fresh parsley sprigs||6|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, dredge chicken in flour.
3. Heat oil in a heavy skillet, add chicken and brown in oil over medium heat, turning once.
4. Keep the chicken to a lightly greased 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish; set aside. Pour off drippings.
5. In a skillet, mix the next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil.
6. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Pour over chicken.
7. Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.
8. Keep the chicken on individual plates. Decorate with orange slices and parsley. Serve hot. Yields 6 servings.
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg16.4%
Sodium 444.6 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 22 g43.8%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 81.6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet