Chicken with Bulgur and Prunes
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts/White meat chicken nuggets||12 Ounce, cut-up into large dices|
|Safflower oil/Corn / canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Pitted prunes||10 , depending on size, cut into halves|
|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook the chicken until golden on both sides, remove and keep aside.
2. To the same pan heat the rest of the oil and cook the scallions, ginger and garlic for 1 minute.
3. Mix the orange juice, bulgur and prunes and put it in the pan.
4. Put on the lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chicken, season with pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve hot as a wholesome lunch or dinner main-course.