Chicken with Bulgur and Prunes
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts/White meat chicken nuggets||12 Ounce, cut-up into large dices|
|Safflower oil/Corn / canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Grated fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Pitted prunes||10 , depending on size, cut into halves|
|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and cook the chicken until golden on both sides, remove and keep aside.
2. To the same pan heat the rest of the oil and cook the scallions, ginger and garlic for 1 minute.
3. Mix the orange juice, bulgur and prunes and put it in the pan.
4. Put on the lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chicken, season with pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve hot as a wholesome lunch or dinner main-course.
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg32.9%
Sodium 127 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 49 g98%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 165.5%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet