Sweet And Sour Chicken With Vegetables
|Skinless and boneless chicken breasts||12 Ounce|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger piece||1 Inch, coarsely grated|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced green bell pepper/8 ounces whole green bell pepper||7 Ounce (Ready-Cut About 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Sliced red onion/16 ounce whole red onion||14 Ounce (Ready-Cut, About 3 1/2 Cups)|
|Ripe tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut into quarters (Regular Or Plum)|
|Cornstarch||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 1 tablespoon of water|
1. Line a broiler pan or a broiler with double folded aluminium foil and heat the broiler.
2. In a bowl mix 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sesame oil and with a brush apply on both sides of the chicken breast.
3. Keep the breasts on a rack or pan and broil close to the heat source for about 10 minutes, turning the once in between.
4. When cold enough to handle, cut the breasts into small chinks.
5. In a large pot which can hold all the vegetables add ginger, garlic, 3 teaspoons soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, vinegar, catsup and 2 tablespoons water.
6. Heat the mixture and bring it to a boil.
7. Now add the green pepper and onion and keep cooking on medium heat.
8. Squeeze the seeds out from the tomatoes, cut them into small pieces directly into the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
9. Add the cornstarch mixture and cook a little more until the sauce thickens a little.
10. Add the chicken pieces and keep cooking until the chicken is heated through.
11. Serve it hot over steamed rice or some crusty bread.