Chicken and Peas with Curried Yogurt
|Skinless and boneless chicken breasts||12 Ounce|
|Corn oil/Safflower / canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onion/4 ounces whole onions||3 Ounce (Ready- Cut About 1 Cup)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt/Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic in oil||1 Teaspoon (Or Minced)|
|Dark unsulphured molasses||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||5 Ounce (1/2 Of 10-Ounce Box)|
1. In a skillet large enough to hold all the ingredients together heat oil.
2. Add the onions and chicken and cook over medium to high heat until chicken is browned on both the sides.
3. Mix together the yogurt, garlic, ginger, molasses, cornstarch and curry powder.
4. Pour in the yogurt mixture and add the peas to the chicken, put on the lid and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the peas and sauce are hot enough.
5. Serve hot with a crusty bread or on top of cooked wild rice.