Chicken in Soy and Wine
|Boneless chicken||4 Small, halved and skinned, cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small mixing bowl mix the first 4 ingredients.
2. Mix well and keep the bowl aside.
3. Preheat oven to 325°F.
4. Preheat a large skillet or wok. Add oil and heat it for 1 minute to a temperature of 325°F.
5. Mix walnuts. Stir fry the walnuts for 1 minute till they are light brown in color.
6. Keep the walnuts aside.
7. In the skillet add chicken mixture.
8. Stir fry for 3 minutes till the mixture turns light brown in color.
9. Combine wine and soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute more.
10. Add water and cornstarch. Keep stirring to prevent lumps.
11. Add walnuts and cornstarch mixture to the chicken. Reduce the heat and simmer. Keep stirring till the mixture thickens.
12. Serve chicken in soy and wine over rice.