Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
|Chicken breast halves||2 , skinned and boned|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water.
2. Make thin strip of chicken.
3. Dredge in cornstarch mixture.
4. Preheat wok and add 2 tablespoons oil around top and coat on all sides.
5. Turn heat to medium high (325°) for 2 minutes.
6. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes until brown.
7. Mix 1 tablespoon sherry and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
8. Drain out chicken from wok and keep aside.
9. In the wok heat 2 tablespoons oil.
10. Stir in carrot and onion and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Add zucchini and mushrooms and stir fry vegetables until tender crisp.
12. Put chicken into the wok.
13. Add the next 4 ingredients.
14. Pour the mixture over chicken and toss gently.
15. Decrease heat to low (225°), simmer and stir for 3 minutes until thick.
16. Serve over rice.