Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes
|Chicken breasts||12 Ounce, skinless and boneless, cut into 3 pieces|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Leek||1 Large, washed properly and chopped in a food processor|
|Sun dried tomatoes in oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained and flaked|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a skillet heat oil and brown the chicken pieces on all the sides.
2. Now, add the leek to the pan and continue cooking.
3. In a food processor add the tomatoes, ricotta and wine and blend to a paste.
4. Add the tomato mixture to the pan with oregano and pepper to taste.
5. Cook on low heat until the sauce becomes hot but not boiling.
6. Serve hot with a crusty bread or cooked white rice.
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.1 mg41.4%
Sodium 264.8 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 52 g104.5%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 31% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet