Skillet Chicken Dinner
|Broiler fryer chicken/Chicken legs||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch slices|
|Sweetened pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
|Bell pepper||1 Large, sliced (Red / Green / Combination)|
|Onion/8 pearl onions||1 Medium, sliced|
|Peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen Thawed)|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil and brown chicken on all sides; remove fat.
3) Add sweet potatoes, pineapple juice, celery leaves, and bay leaf.
4) Cover the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes, or until chicken and sweet potatoes are tender.
5) Add green or red pepper, onions, and peas and cook until tender-crisp.
6) Serve the chicken as main dish in dinner.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3589 Calories from Fat 1826
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 203 g312.5%
Saturated Fat 53.3 g266.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.4 mg283.5%
Sodium 1108.6 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.5%
Sugars 74.1 g
Protein 239 g477.7%
Vitamin A 1381.5% Vitamin C 693.7%
Calcium 45.6% Iron 108.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet