Crispy Chicken Dumplings
|Boneless chicken breasts||8 Ounce, skinned (225 Grams)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Oil||7 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (210Milliliter, Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Cornflour||10 Ounce (25 Grams, For Dusting)|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese white rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor or liquidiser chop and blend the chicken with the egg whites, cornflour, sherry or rice wine, ginger, spring onions and salt until it turns into a fine paste.
(Alternatively, it can be chopped with a sharp knife or cleaver until it is very fine and then incorporated with other ingredients in a bowl).
2. On a deep plate rub 1 tablespoon oil (to keep the mixture from sticking) and put the chicken mixture on it.
3. Set up a steamer or put a rack into a wok or deep pan and fill it with 2 inches (5 cm) of water.
4. Boil the water on high heat and put the plate carefully into the steamer or onto the rack. 6. Lower the heat, cover tightly and steam gently for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and firm.
7. Take it out and allow it cool.
8. Divide it into bite sized pieces and dust them lightly with the cornflour.
9. In a pot, wok or deep frying pan heat oil until it is hot and fry the chicken pieces for 2 minutes or until they are golden brown.
10. Drain them on paper towel.
11. In a bowl mix the sauce ingredients together and keep aside.
12. To serve, arange the chicken pieces on a warm serving platter, pour the sauce over the top and serve hot.