|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|Stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1 Gill)|
1) Wash and wipe the chicken joints.
2) Cut bacon into dices.
3) Slice the mushrooms.
4) In a pan, melt half of the butter and fry the onion until golden brown.
5) Fry the bacon and chicken as well with onion.
6) Add mushrooms, stock, salt, pepper and herbs.
7) Cover the pan and cook the chicken until tender.
8) Take out the chicken and mushroom from pan and keep hot.
9) Skim fat from the sauce and add wine.
10) In another pan, melt remaining butter, stir flour and blend well.
11) Add chicken gravy to it and simmer until thickened and creamy.
12) Pour the sauce over warm chicken and let it cool completely.
13) In a container put the chicken well smothered in sauce and seal with foil.
14) Freeze the chicken.
15) Thaw the chicken, reheat it and serve hot with salad and bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2410 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.1%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 993 mg331%
Sodium 1692.4 mg70.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 276 g552.1%
Vitamin A 48.9% Vitamin C 93.5%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet