Coco Casa Barbecued Chicken
|Broiling chickens||3 , cut in half|
|For barbecue sauce|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
1. Prepare a barbecue grill preferably a coal one, or a broiler if you don-€™t have a grill.
2. Clean the chickens and cut into halves.
3. Rub salt and pepper on the on the inside and out of the chickens.
4. Arrange the chickens over the coals of the barbecue or in a large roasting pan under the broiler.
5. In the mean time, in a saucepan, blend the remaining ingredients.
6. Simmer the sauce over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to blend the flavors. Do not boil.
7. When chickens are evenly browned, brush them with the sauce and continue to barbecue.
8. Turn the halves and baste the chickens frequently, until they are tender and succulent and juices run clear when pierced with tip of a knife.
9. Baste the chicken with the sauce, every 10 to 15 minutes during grilling.
10. Serve the Coco Casa Barbecued Chicken with grilled vegetables, potatoes or barbecued corn if you like.
Calories 1764 Calories from Fat 1113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.5%
Saturated Fat 36.4 g182%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 562.5 mg187.5%
Sodium 858 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 140 g280.4%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 39%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet