Chicken Liver Saute
|Bacon rashers||1⁄2 Pound (250 Grams)|
|Chicken livers||3⁄4 Pound, washed and cleaned (375 Grams)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seasoned (Or As Required)|
|Stock/Water and soup cube||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned buttered mushrooms||7 Ounce (1 Can / 220 Grams)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot buttered toast||6|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (A Few)|
1) Remove the bacon rind and slice the bacon rashers into 2-3 pieces.
2) Roll up each piece of bacon rasher and secure with cocktail picks.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon rolls until the bacon fat is clear, remove with a slotted spoon and keep hot.
4) Dredge the chicken livers thoroughly with the seasoned flour.
5) Saute the livers in the skillet drippings for about 10 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
6) Add 1 tablespoon of seasoned flour into the skillet and stir until brown.
7) Pour in the stock or water, stir continuously and bring to a boil.
8) Stir in the mushrooms, soy sauce, and sherry with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Return the cooked livers in the hot gravy and cook for another few minutes.
10) Spoon the Chicken Liver Saute over hot buttered toast, top with the bacon rolls, then garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196 mg65.3%
Sodium 621.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 126.7% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet