|Water||15 Fluid Ounce (1 Pint / 570 Milliliter)|
|Chicken pieces||12 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces (350 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter)|
1. In a large fireproof casserole fill up water, bring it to a boil, add the ginger, salt, whole spring onion and the chicken pieces and make sure they are covered in water.
2. Once it boils, turn down the heat and cook for 30-40 minutes, skimming any fat or scum off the surface all the time.
3. Remove from the flame and leave the chicken inside the casserole, covered for 20-30 minutes.
4. Take out the chicken on a plate and allow cooling down.
5. Put the chicken in a bowl cover with the rice wine or sherry and stock mixture, and leave it for 2 days in the fridge, turning it over from time to time.
6. Remove after 2 days and arrange on a serving platter, pouring some of the wine over the chicken to moisten it.
7. Serve chilled or even hot as an appetizer.
The cooking liquid can be used again as a stock to cook chicken.
The remaining wine can be kept in the refrigerator and used for cooking other dishes which call for sherry or rice wine.