Broiled Chicken Patties
|Crackers||6 (Double Sunshine Krispy)|
|Cooked ground chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or Finely Minced)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Crush the crackers by placing them in a plastic bag or between two sheets of waxed paper and rolling them with a rolling pin.
2. Tip the crumbs into a bowl and season them with salt and pepper. Keep aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the mince, light cream, egg yolk, lemon juice and parsley.
4. Mix thoroughly with your hand or with a fork.
5. Add the crumbs and knead lightly until mixed well.
6. Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty of ½ inch thickness.
7. Arrange the patties on a broiler rack over a broiler pan.
8. Brush then with melted butter.
9. Broil the patties, 5 inches from the heat source, for about 6 to 8 minutes each side, brushing frequently with the butter to keep moist.
10. You can serve the Chicken Patties over buns with toppings of your choice or serve plain with a fresh tossed salad of greens and veggies.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.1 mg55%
Sodium 233.2 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.56%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 20 g39.1%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet