Chicken with Fresh Tomato Dill Sauce
|Tomatoes||6 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh dill||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a medium saucepan, combine together the tomatoes, onion, celery, dill, salt, sugar and black pepper. Mix well.
3) Gently simmer the mixture over moderate heat for about 10 minutes.
4) In a large frying pan placed over moderate heat, brown the chicken in oil. Drain the fat.
5) In a 2-quart casserole, put the chicken and pour the sauce all over it.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
7) Transfer the hot chicken and sauce to a serving platter and serve right away. Makes a good main course dish.