Pot Roasted Chicken
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint|
1) Wash the chicken and wipe it from in and out.
2) Slice the vegetables.
3) In a skillet, melt butter and brown the chicken from all sides.
4) In the skillet, add sliced vegetables and stock.
5) season the stock with salt and pepper.
6) Cover the skillet and simmer for 1 1/2 hours , basting the chicken sometimes with stock.
7) Cook the dish either on stove top or in oven in casserole at 375°F, 190°C, Gas Mark 5.
8) Let the chicken cool completely and remove the fat from top.
9) In a container pack the chicken and freeze.
10) Thaw the chicken, reheat it and serve with salad and bread.
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.7 mg47.6%
Sodium 318.2 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 157.9% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet