Curried Chicken Filling
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and diced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. In a skillet, heat butter and saute onion, apple and garlic for 5 minutes without browning.
2. Add salt, flour, pepper and curry powder and stir the mixture until smooth, and cook for about a minute.
3. Stir in chicken stock and cook until the sauce thickens and mixture boils.
4. Stir in diced chicken and cook until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
5. Spoon the mixture into cooked pastry shells.
6. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the pastry shells before serving.