Country Style Chicken
|Boneless chicken breasts||8 Ounce, skinned and cut into 3 inches long slices (225 Grams)|
|Fresh green chilies/Red chilies||2 Small, deseeded and finely shredded|
|Tinned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, rinsed and shredded (225 Grams)|
|Courgettes||8 Ounce, washed and shredded (225 Grams)|
|Pepper||4 Ounce, deseeded and shredded (110 Grams, Red / Green)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili bean sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese black rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a wok or large frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until smoking hot, quickly stir fry the chicken shreds for 1 minute or until the chicken is slightly firm.
2. Take out the chicken and drain it.
3. Clean and wipe the pan, reheat, heat the remaining oil and add the shredded chillies, bamboo shoots, courgettes and pepper.
4. Stir fry for 2 minutes, add the rest of the ingredients, mix them well and stir fry for another minute.
5. Add the chicken and stir the mixture quickly to finish cooking the chicken.
6. Serve hot immediately.
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.1 mg22.4%
Sodium 1589.6 mg66.2%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet