Hot Spiced Chicken
|Chicken pieces||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into 2 inches pieces|
|Oil||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Dried red chili||1 , halved lengthways|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Chili bean sauce/1/2 teaspoon chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||10 Fluid Ounce (300 Milliliter)|
|Sichuan peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon, roasted and ground|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Take the salt and rub it on the chicken pieces and let them sit for about 30 minutes.
2. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil, add the chilli (you may remove it when it turns black or leave it in).
3. Add the chicken and brown it slowly a few pieces at a time, skin side down and then turn over.
4. Take it out and drain on paper towel.
5. In another wok or pan and heat 1 teaspoon oil and fry the spring onions, ginger and chilli bean sauce (or chilli powder) assuring that the heat is not too high or it will burn the sauce.
6. Cook for a few seconds and add the chicken stock, Sichuan peppercorns, sugar and dark soy sauce.
7. Reduce the heat, add the chicken pieces, put on a lid and cook the chicken in this sauce, turning the pieces from time to time (this should take about 20-30 minutes).
8. Serve hot with the sauce on rice or with vegetables.
Calories 1022 Calories from Fat 757
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g131.5%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.6 mg54.5%
Sodium 1140.6 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet