Curried Chicken with Almond Rice
|Rice||1 Pound (Success Brand, 1 Bag)|
|Chicken breast halves||4 , boned|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Divided)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 , chopped|
1. Skin the chicken breasts.
2. Cut them into thin strips and set aside.
3. In a bowl, toss the chicken with flour, curry powder, salt and ginger. Keep aside
4. Cook the rice according to the package directions or until it is tender-crisp. It should not be too mushy.
5. Drain the rice when cooked and keep warm.
6. In a skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat.
7. Saute the chicken in the butter, until it is evenly browned and tender.
8. Blend in the cream and simmer the chicken on a low flame, stirring frequently.
9. In another pan, melt the remaining butter.
10. Fry the almonds in the butter until golden.
11. Add the green onions and saute for a minute.
12. Add the cooked rice and parsley and toss to mix lightly but thoroughly.
13. On each dinner plate, make a bed of the almond rice.
14. Spoon the Creamy Curried Chicken on top.
15. Garnish with additional almonds and parsley if you like.