Garlic Chicken with Cucumber
|Boneless chicken breasts||12 Ounce, skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes (350 Grams)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili bean sauce/Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl put the cucumber pieces, sprinkle with the salt and put the cubes into a colander to drain for 20 minutes.(This removes the excess moisture from the cucumber.)
2. Rinse the cucumber in cold running water and pat them dry on paper towel.
3. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil, add chicken cubes and stir fry for a few seconds.
4. Now add all the other ingredients except cucumber and stir fry for 2 minutes.
5. Now add the cucumber cubes and stir fry for 3 more minutes.
6. Serve hot immediately.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.8 mg32.9%
Sodium 777.4 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet