Chicken and Rice Supreme
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Canned mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Soup Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound (Serving Pieces / Parts)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Green onions||2 , finely chopped|
1. In 3 qt. glass casserole, blend rice, onion, soup, water, green pepper and salt.
2. Arrange chicken with large ends around edges and small in the center over rice.
3. Brush each piece with butter and sprinkle with paprika and green onions.
4. Microwave (high), covered, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
5. Rest, covered, 10 minutes, check rice and chicken for doneness and add a few minutes more if needed.
6. Serve the rice arranging chicken pieces in between.
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 559
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.9%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 271.3 mg90.4%
Sodium 1207.3 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 69 g138.8%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet