Braised Chicken with Leeks
|Chicken pieces||12 Ounce (1 Pound / 450 Grams)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Leeks||4 Ounce (110 Grams)|
|Spring onion||1 , cut diagonally into 2 1/2 inch pieces|
|Fresh ginger slices||1 , cut diagonally into 2 1/2 inch pieces|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Chicken stock||7 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (210 Milliliter)|
1. Dry the chicken pieces on paper towel, put them in a bowl with 2 teaspoons of dry sherry or rice wine and 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce, mix well and set aside.
2. Cut the leeks at the point where they begin to turn green and discard the green parts; also trim any yellow parts
3. Now split the white parts in half and cut them at a slight diagonal into 2 1/2 inch 6 cm segments and wash them several times to remove all the dirt.
4. In a wok or large frying pan heat oil until it is smoking hot and add the spring onion and ginger.
5. Now add the chicken with a slotted spoon, the leeks and stir fry for about 5 minutes until they are thoroughly browned and remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and discard the oil.
6. In a medium-sized pot boil the stock and add the sherry or rice wine and soy sauce.
7. Now put in the chicken and vegetables.
8. Remove the scum, put it at low heat, cover tightly and braise for about 25 minutes.
9. Open and skim off any fat from top.
10. Serve hot or keep refrigerated to be served later, reheat and serve when required.
Calories 371 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.4 mg40.8%
Sodium 723.5 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 41 g81.9%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet