Chicken Breasts A La Citron
|Oranges||2 , peeled and sliced into thick cartwheels|
|Sauterne/Other dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , split and skinned|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) With the sauterne, sprinkle the orange cartwheels and leave aside to marinate at room temperature.
3) With curry powder, rub the chicken on all sides and arrange it in an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
4) Combine together the orange peel, juice, honey, mustard and salt. Pour the mixture all over the chicken.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6) Uncover the dish and bake for another 15 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
7) Drain the marinated oranges and reserve the marinade.
8) On a serving plate, arrange the chicken and oranges.
9) From the pan drippings, spoon off the excess fat and stir in the reserved marinade to make a sauce.
10) Serve the chicken while it is still hot, with the sauce on the side.