|Potatoes||4 Large, peeled and diced|
|Leeks/Large onions||2 , chopped|
|Cold water||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Parsley/1 tablespoon chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Milk/1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large saucepan, combine the potato, leeks, water, salt and pepper to taste.
2) Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
3) Puree the mixture in a blender or press through a sieve.
4) Return into the saucepan and stir in the parsley or chives.
5) Then stir in the milk or milk and cream and along with the butter.
6) Heat thoroughly and adjust the seasonings.
7) Serve the Potage Parmentier piping hot.
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.5 mg4.8%
Sodium 119.6 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 88.5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet