Chickpea and Chicken Hot Pot
|Ground cinnamon||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Saffron grains/Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiled chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pot of cold water, soak the chickpeas for about 4 hours or preferably overnight.
2) In a pressure cooker, add 1 3/4 pints of the soaking liquid. Cover and let it come to a boil. Cook on high for about 15 minutes.
3) Let cool down before removing the lid.
4) Add a quarter of the chopped onions into the cooker with a pinch of cinnamon, cayenne pepper, saffron or turmeric, salt and pepper. Add in the cleaned chicken.
5) Next, add in 1/2 pint of water. Close the cooker, put the weight on and cook on high for about 40 minutes. Let cool.
6) Open the lid. Pick the chicken pieces out and set them aside.
7) Add into the cooker, the chopped onions, quartered turnips. Cook on high pressure for 8 more minutes. Let cool down before taking the lid off.
8) Debone the chicken. Slice the flesh into small pieces. Add the chicken into the cooker with the lemon juice.
9) Heat to warm.
10) Serve the Chickpea and Chicken Hot Pot with sesame or poppy seed rolls. Serve green salad too, on the side.
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.3 mg68.4%
Sodium 719.6 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 87 g173.4%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 42.9%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet