Quick Chicken Chasseur
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into strips|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sherry cooking wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Holland House)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Coat the chicken strips with corn starch, sharking off the excess.
2. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil.
3. Brown the chicken in the oil until evenly browned
4. Add the scallions, season the chicken and flavor with the herbs.
5. Stir fry the chicken for 2 more minutes then add the broth and Sherry wine.
6. Reduce the heat and cover the skillet.
7. Simmer the chicken for 10 minutes.
8. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and continue to simmer covered for another 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened to a sauce consistency.
9. Serve the Chicken Chasseur with rice or pasta.