Quick Chicken Chasseur
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||1 Pound, cut into strips|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sherry cooking wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Holland House)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Coat the chicken strips with corn starch, sharking off the excess.
2. In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil.
3. Brown the chicken in the oil until evenly browned
4. Add the scallions, season the chicken and flavor with the herbs.
5. Stir fry the chicken for 2 more minutes then add the broth and Sherry wine.
6. Reduce the heat and cover the skillet.
7. Simmer the chicken for 10 minutes.
8. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and continue to simmer covered for another 10 minutes or until the tomatoes have softened to a sauce consistency.
9. Serve the Chicken Chasseur with rice or pasta.
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 529.1 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 29 g57.2%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet