Barbecued Rose Chicken
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rose wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From Napa Valley)|
|Boiling chicken||3 , cut in half|
1. Prepare a barbecue grill or a broiler.
2. Clean the chicken halves and rub salt and pepper on the inside out.
3. Arrange the chickens over the coals of the barbecue or in a large roasting pan under the broiler.
4. In the mean time, in a bowl or cup, blend ghe cornstarch in the wine.
5. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and flavor with the garlic salt and marjoram.
6. Stir in the cornstarch-wine. Blend well.
7. Boil the sauce over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
8. When they are evenly browned, brush them with the sauce and continue to barbecue.
9. Turn the halves and baste the chickens frequently, until they are tender and succulent and juices run clear when pierced with tip of a knife.
10. Baste the chicken with the sauce, every 10 to 15 minutes during grilling.
11. Serve the Barbecued Rose Chicken with grilled vegetables, potatoes or barbecued corn if you like.
Calories 1498 Calories from Fat 816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.5%
Saturated Fat 28.5 g142.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 522.6 mg174.2%
Sodium 621 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.37%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 152 g304.2%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 33.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet