|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Canned apricot halves in light syrup||30 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , diagonally sliced|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a large frying pan, heat the oil.
2) Add the chicken and brown it on all sides over moderate heat. Set the chicken aside.
3) In the drippings, saute the onions till they are golden in color. Drain.
4) Add the bouillon cubes and apricot syrup and heat the contents, stirring occasionally, till the bouillon has dissolved.
5) Add the soy sauce, ginger and vinegar and stir well.
6) Add the chicken, spooning some of the liquid over the chicken.
7) Cover the pan and gently simmer the contents for 25 to 30 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
8) Take the chicken out and transfer it to a warm serving platter. Keep it warm.
9) Blend together the cornstarch and water and stir the mixture into the frying pan.
10) Simmer for about 30 seconds, till the mixture is thickened.
11) Add the celery, apricots and green pepper and cook for about 3 minutes, till the vegetables are tender-crisp.
12) Spoon the hot mixture all over the still warm chicken.
13) Serve the hot preparation right away, before it starts to cool. Cooked rice go well with the chicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3202 Calories from Fat 1275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 142 g218.1%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g190.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 759.8 mg253.3%
Sodium 4485.3 mg186.9%
Total Carbohydrates 234 g77.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.7%
Sugars 138.1 g
Protein 241 g482.3%
Vitamin A 284.5% Vitamin C 294.5%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 76.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet