|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In the lemon juice, dip the chicken, coating it generously.
3) Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano.
4) In a shallow pan, place the chicken.
5) Brown the chicken in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes on each side.
6) Mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the chicken.
7) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees and bake the chicken, uncovered, for about 50 minutes, till it is soft.
8) Serve the chicken piping hot. Makes a good main course dish. Green salad or toasted bread can be served on the side.