Glazed Lemon Chicken
|Skinless chicken breast fillets||8|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), skinned and crushed|
|Fresh root ginger||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and sliced|
|Oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
|Soft light brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Mayonnaise||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon (Leveled))|
|Soured cream||5 Fluid Ounce (1 Carton / 142 Milliliter)|
|Milk||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
|Lemon slices||3 (For Garnish)|
1. In a large, non-metallic bowl place the chicken.
2. Grate the rind of three lemons and reserve.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemons to give 200 ml (7 fl oz) and pour over the chicken.
4. Add the garlic and ginger and mix well, cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge overnight.
5. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade and pat dry it with absorbent kitchen paper.
6. In a large, non-stick frying pan heat half the oil and brown the chicken, a few pieces at a time.
7. Add more oil as necessary, then remove the chicken and wipe the pan free of any excess oil.
8. To the pan return the chicken and pour over the marinade and stock.
9. Simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes and cool in the liquid.
10. Line a grill pan with foil and transfer the chicken plump-side uppermost.
11. Sprinkle with 10 ml (2 level tsp) reserved lemon rind and the sugar.
12. Grill until golden and caramelized and then cool.
13. In a bowl beat together the mayonnaise, soured cream, remaining lemon rind, milk and seasoning. With cover refrigerate for one or two hours.
14. Serve the chicken on a bed of Wild Rice and Thyme Salad with a light coating of lemon mayonnaise sauce and garnish with thyme and lemon.