Chicken with Chasseur Sauce
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basic brown sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl mix 1/2 cup flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Dredge the chicken in it and coat evenly.
3. In Dutch oven or large frying pan heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
4. Fry chicken pieces until brown.
5. Drain our chicken.
6. Add shallots and mushrooms to pan.
7. Saute until mushrooms appears dry.
8. Mix chicken, wine, brandy, Brown Sauce, and tomato paste.
9. Sprinkle herbs over it.
10. Cover over simmering heat for 30 minutes until chicken is tender.
11. Blend flour and 1 tablespoon butter.
12. Stir to the hot sauce to thicken.
14. Serve chicken with sauce.