Microwave Chicken Marengo
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut into manageable pieces|
|Spaghetti sauce mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Sauterne wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
1. Take a glass measuring cup and add tomatoes, spaghetti sauce mix and wine.
2. In a microwave oven, place the glass measuring cup and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for 5 minutes until the flavors get blended well.
3. Keep the dish aside.
4. Take a baking dish and place the chicken such that its skin side is turned down and the meatiest pieces protrude outside.
5. Wrap wax paper around the dish and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for 10 minutes.
6. Turn the pieces using tong and top it with sliced mushrooms.
7. Spoon the sauce over chicken, cover again.
8. Cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for about 10 -12 minutes.
9. Allow the dish to stand for atleast 5 minutes before serving.
10. Serve the chicken Marengo with crusty bread or baked potatoes.