Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sherry Sauce
|Whole chicken breasts||2 , split, boned and skinned|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), minced|
|Swiss cheese slice||4|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat each half chicken breast with flat side of meat mallet to 1/4 inch thick.
3. Divide and make butter into 4 balls.
4. In a bowl mix chives, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Roll the butter ball in it.
6. Keep 1 seasoned ball on each slice of Swiss cheese.
7. Put the cheese on chicken breasts and roll to seal the butter.
8. Secure with toothpicks.
9. In a frying pan heat oil and brown the chicken rolls for about 8 minutes.
10. Transfer into a covered shallow baking dish.
11. To prepare sauce, in a frying pan mix flour with drippings. Blend over heat and stir until smooth.
12. Take off from heat.
13. Mix water, sherry, and stock base.
14. Add it to the drippings and sir constantly until boiling.
15. Spoon the sauce over chicken.
16. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
17. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg21.2%
Sodium 808.4 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet