Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
|Chicken||3 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into eighths (1 no.)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), impeded|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh rosemary||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
|Tomatoes||2 Pound, peeled (4 cups, 1/4-inch-thick slices, all purpose)|
|Chicken broth/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as necessary)|
1) Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2) Peel 2 garlic cloves and chop them.
2) Take the Dutch oven and sautÃ© the chicken in the oil on high heat for 15 minutes.
3) Add all(chopped and whole cloves) the garlic to the pan. Add wine, rosemary, bay leaves and black pepper. Bring the mixture to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add potato slices and cover the pan.
5) Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
6) Mix the chicken-potato mixture and add broth or water (if required).
7) Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
8) Remove the bay leaf and whole cloves of garlic before serving the dish.
Remove the skin from the chicken to reduce the calorie.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3149 Calories from Fat 1538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g262.1%
Saturated Fat 45.7 g228.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 911.7 mg303.9%
Sodium 1562.6 mg65.1%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.8%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 289 g577%
Vitamin A 207.1% Vitamin C 223.8%
Calcium 47.8% Iron 104.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet